Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Timers for electric range top burners ???

On Saturday, January 3, 2015 10:25:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
http://www.burneralert.com/simulator.html
This is the best solution I have seen for this problem. It sends a beeping noise every few minutes to remind you the burner is still on. My microwave has a similar reminder that I have left something in there after it finished cooking that I find very helpful.

I find that beeping on a microwave very annoying. Can't say I've ever
had a problem forgetting something in the microwave after it's cooked.
But the beeping every few minutes, while I'm trying to do something else,
talking to someone, now that's annoying.

And the burneralert thing is even dumber. Who wants the stove beeping
every 3 mins while it's on? Turn on 3 burners and it must really be
something. They aren't synchronized so you'd have beeping almost all the
time.

The website sucks too. Have to sit through 1 min of BS video before
it even shows what it is and what it does.