Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT TV talking to me

On Friday, January 2, 2015 7:26:01 PM UTC-5, mike wrote:
On 1/2/2015 2:00 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Retired wrote:

On 1/2/15 9:05 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
For some reason my LG TV connected to Xfinity has started talking to me.
It is obviously some for blind people who can still here because it does
play-by-play of the shows. Last night's Bones for instance, it said Cam
enters the room and goes to the autopsy table.
Looked through the LG and couldn't find anything that looks like it
would take it away. Any suggestions?

Here is what one LG owner posted in a A/V forum.

"We have an LG 32LD490. This afternoon for no apparent reason the
voice over, disability function, audio description came on. Took a
while but worked out what to do. It comes on when volume turned down
to zero. How to stop it; go to Menu, Option, Disability Assistance,
select Hard of Hearing to "OFF", down to Audio Description and select
to "ON", ( here's the important bit) , down to Volume and set to -1,
back up to Audio Description and set to "OFF", then Exit. That'll do
it. I can't see why it has a -1 and lower but luckily I don't have a
disability. Hope it works for you."

Good Luck.........

I don't have that Disability Assistance as an option. played with the
spa or whatever that was for the spanish choice, see if that maybe did
it.
Thanks.
Kurt

It's SAP, I think that means Secondary Audio Program.
It's closed captioning with voice instead of text.

That would seem to be an oxymoron of some kind.....