Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] johnwayne@cal.com is offline

Default My Surround Sound Has Crashed!

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:11:23 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Hi,
In phase means all speaker cones move in unison.
Woofer is not critical due to it's low frequency.
Does your AV receiver have set up menu or room correction feature
with microphone? Most receivers does. I used to like Yamaha or Denon
but upgraded to Anthem which has fantastic room correction softwre
called ARC. I can setp up 7 speakers and a woofer precisely and
result comes out in graphic prints.

Wow! Aren't you the smart one. I have a simple 5-speaker surround
setup, plus a sub woofer, and the Denon AVR-881 receiver is set to
5-channel stereo. I should mention that just by circumstance the
left/right front speakers are two antique quite-large Lafayette (loved
that place!) Criterions, each consisting of their own woofers,
mid-ranges and tweeters. You don't suppose.....?

Obviously I have no idea if my cones are moving in unison. Maybe I
should watch them?

Thanks

JW