Posted to alt.home.repair
Howard Schornstein[_2_] Howard Schornstein[_2_] is offline

Default How much should a queen mattress and box spring cost and whatdo I look for by way of value?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 13:35:42 -0500, Don Phillipson wrote:

Have a look at Consumer Reports magazine, collected by
most good public libraries. Its latest article on beds included
good advice how to evaluate them in the store.

I have a perennial subscription to CR, so, I should check it.

I hadn't even thought of doing that, mostly because, lately, I've
been disillusioned by Consumers Union.

1. They often test models that I can't find in the store
2. They often test for ridiculous things (like motorcycle engine noise)
3. They often don't test what I need to buy (like pasta makers)

It's amazing what they "care" about sometimes, almost as if every
single person who reads their magazine is a prius-loving sun
worshipper and not a well balanced practical person.

However, I can't say how well or poorly they tested beds, so,
I'll look right now, and let you know, since I have the
automatically renewing subscription anyway.