Posted to alt.home.repair
Howard Schornstein[_2_] Howard Schornstein[_2_] is offline

Default How much should a queen mattress and box spring cost and whatdo I look for by way of value?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 15:53:32 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My suggestion is to try a mattress before you buy.

The problem with "trying" a mattress is that you need to sleep on
the thing overnight to really "try" it.

Sure, everyone "says" to lie on it for 15 minutes in the store,
but, that's like taking a new car on a 5 mile test drive. It's
essentially nearly worthless.

Especially since I've slept on at least 500 hotel beds in my
life, and I've never had a problem with a single one of them.

You say a subjective comment is worthless and you make a dumb statement
about a memory foam mattress. We love ours.

Here is a picture of the three different kinds of "toppings":
firm, plush, and pillow http://i62.tinypic.com/2eav3pg.jpg

I kind of agreed with the saleswoman, who said that you can always
make a mattress topping softer, but you can't make it firmer, so,
you should err on the side of firmness, she said.

Anyway, the pillow made the thing too big for a typical sheet,
and I didn't feel any difference between the three anyway, when
I lay on them, and, besides, the Costco equivalent was firm,
so, I saw no advantage whatsoever of the plush and pillow over
firm.