Posted to alt.home.repair
Howard Schornstein[_2_] Howard Schornstein[_2_] is offline

Default How much should a queen mattress and box spring cost and whatdo I look for by way of value?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 14:48:05 -0500, Mayayana wrote:

On the other hand, he's so adamant that he
doesn't care about comfort

It's not that I don't "care" about comfort.

It's just that YOUR idea of comfort will be totally different
than Oren's idea of comfort which will be totally different than
Mayayana's idea of comfort which will be totally different than
ChairMan's idea of comfort which will be totally different than
Ed Pawlowski's idea of comfort, etc.

Scientifically, unless we run a statistically valid sampling
of comfort, it would be a total WASTE OF TIME to ask about
comfort in this ng.

This ng is valuable. But not for subjective things. It's much
better for OBJECTIVE things. Like QUALITY. Or PRICE. Or what
to look out for.

I wish, for example, people had told me about the number of
coils, and the types of coils, and their experience with the
two different type.

I wish also that someone had informed me that no bed nowadays
is reversible. Or that the box spring comes in two sizes which
are four inches different in height. Or that the pillow-top
beds require different sheets than standard. Or that Mattress
Discounters will halve the listed price on their beds.

That is the kind of PRACTICAL information I was looking for!