Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Spray Paint a Cellphone

On 12/28/2014 6:57 PM, wrote:
I have a basic prepaid cellphone. (Not a smart phone). It's black, and
I'm constantly misplacing it, especially in the car. If it was a
brighter color, it would be easier to find. It's a flip phone, so I
cant put a case on it because it would be too much trouble to constantly
remove from the case, when I get calls.

I wont attempt to paint the phone itself because that might get inside
the electronics and damage it, but I can take off the rear panel (over
the battery), and paint that since it's just a plastic cover.

I'd like to to paint it a bright color (like blaze orange), and use a
durable oil based spray paint, such as "Rust Oleum". My concern is that
the paint might melt the plastic, since it probably contains laquer. I
dont know what type of plastic is used for cellphones?

Does anyone know if this is safe, (Wont harm the plastic)?

Otherwise, I'll probably just put some strips of colored electrical tape
on it, but I'm sure they will come off in a short time.

It's too bad they dont make those basic phones in colors like they do
with the smart phones.

Instead of paint, why not put some reflective stickers on it?