Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recap of 2014 posts

Bob F wrote:
Sasquatch Jones wrote:
"Tekkie®" wrote in message

What do you feel is important?

It would be helpful to me if alt.home.repair could recommend a common
usenet binaries group where the posters here can upload sketches and
small photos.

My internet access is not always good, but email and usenet are fine.
Also, web-based free sites change their formats, links or otherwise
can be cumbersome to use.

I know most ISP's did away with carrying usenet a few years ago, but
some, like earthlink & peoplepc (mine) still have all of them.

Most posters here probably use free servers, and therefore are highly
unlikely to be able to access binary groups.

Eternal-september has binary access , though file sizes are limited .
Teranews has full free binary access with the only restriction being a
50Mb/day cap . I've hit the cap maybe 5 times in ten or so years . e-s is
totally free , tera has several levels , from totally free to
pay-for-bandwidth plans . I'm using their
free-after-a-$3.95-setup-fee plan .
Tera is my primary server , I keep e-s as a backup for those infrequent
times when tera goes down .
--
Snag