Posted to alt.home.repair
Col. Edmund Burke[_4_] Col. Edmund Burke[_4_] is offline

Default How much should a queen mattress and box spring cost and what do I look for by way of value?

"philo " wrote in message
On 12/27/2014 06:15 PM, Howard Schornstein wrote:
I buy a mattress/boxspring about once every 25 years, so, I
really don't know what to look for, or where to buy them.

Costco has, in the warehouse, for $600, a Sealy Posturepedic
Newfield Queen mattress and box spring set.

Is that a good price?

The only thing I didn't like about it is that the mattress
can't be flipped over (it has the cloth only on one side).

I've never had a "comfort" problem with a mattress, so,
that's not an issue (nor with a chair, couch, etc). So,
I'm not worried about comfort.

I'm just asking about value.

Any advice? (again, forget the comfort part, as I'm currently
sleeping on the floor and I don't mind that at all but I
have guests staying for a month so I want to look like I
sleep in a bed and so that they can use the bed themselves).

Since you only buy one every 25 years might as well not worry about the
money and get a good one. Personally, I need a firm one so I don't get
back aches.

Every ten years is how often you get a new mattress, darling.