Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Oregonian Haruspex Oregonian Haruspex is offline

Default Help with floundering son

On 2015-01-01 00:15:15 +0000, amdx said:

Hi all,
The Sig Gen for guitar amps started me thinking.

My son is floundering, after two years at a university he has decided
that's not what he wants. I guess I could say I knew that
from the start, mom didn't. I would have liked to see him finish
and then flounder with job prospects, but he didn't.
He keeps saying he has an interest in music, he plays guitar, talks
about mixing but has no equipment except a computer.
I've got about $25,000 into his education so far and don't mind
spending some more to get him on a track.
What are some job categories in music, music recording, studio
recording. I don't know! What should he be learning?
I know this is very open ended, because he doesn't know what he wants.
Just venting and looking for ideas, he will do what he wants when he
finds it, but I figure my job is to put things in his path until he
trips on something.
As I told him when he went to college, explore everything on campus
until you find what tweaks you! I think he played video games instead.

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Dad

Stop supporting him, let him get a job, and figure it out on his own.
Pressuring him into college in the first place was probably a huge
mistake.