Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Interesting ...

On 01/05/2015 03:06 AM, Huge wrote:
On 2015-01-05, mike wrote:
On 1/4/2015 6:02 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:

I don't like CFL lighting - that's well known. I am still reserving
judgment on LED lighting.

I wonder what we'd be saying about incandescents if they were replacing
LED lights we'd been using for a century?
I can understand if you're a photographer.
For the rest of us, it's no big deal.

Please don't include me in "the rest of us". I too think CFL lighting is
very poor, and have switched back to incandescents in a few places (I
imagine we're about 30% CFL, 30% halogen and 30% GLS (incandescent)) now.

Things change.

Not always for the better, or for the right reasons.

I can't afford to waste money on nostalgia. LEDs rule!