Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Bathroom scale

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 10:29:12 -0500, Ro Tund
wrote:

On 12/31/2014 8:34 PM, micky wrote:
When I first get on the scale, 2, 3 lower numbers flash by as it

BTW, they are lower than the final number, but all only 10%, at most
20%, lower than the final number.

eventually (but quickly) gets to what it says is my weight.

But if I get off, wait for the display to go blank, and get on again, it
goes straight to my weight. How can it do it without those
intermediate steps? It seems like it has memorized the previous
weight, maybe so that it can give the same weight and make people happy
(unlike how unhappy I was with a previous scale with which I could gain
or lose 4 pounds in 30 seconds.)

Our Taylor 7506 behaves like that.
Wife has always suspected Taylor programmed it that way so that they would get the #1 spot in Consumer Reports.

That's 2 votes for their being sneaky, and 1 vote for it needing time to
warm up.

And I guess my vote is split, 1/2 - 1/2.