Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] larrymoencurly@my-deja.com is offline

Default Help with floundering son

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 6:17:23 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:15:15 -0600, amdx wrote:

I had a similar problem with a former ladyfriend's son. He was
studying to be an architect, but preferred to play guitar with his
friends. At one point, he announced that he was dropping out of
college to become a professional musician. His mother panicked and
volunteered me to talk to him on the assumption that my sledge hammer
style of diplomacy and tactless pragmatism might have some effect.

I expected a long dragged out battle, but instead found the right
pitch line on the first try. It told him that I knew plenty of
architects that play guitar on the side, but no guitarists that dabble
in architectural design on the side.

What would you have told him if his major had been art history?