Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] legojunkiemt@gmail.com is offline

Default minidisc player

hi everyone i recently revived my fathers old sony mz-r37 minidisc player/recorder
i had to fix the terminals in the batt casing it totally worked fine for about
a week then i dropped it..... twice mind you from a height of about two feet and onto carpet and accidentally, it happened when i was about to record it worked fine for about 20 min's, then i put in a new disc now the disc icon spins and spins,
to top that all it doesn't read the disc but it can tell if there's no disc.
i cleaned the laser and that stuff in the casing with a qtip it worked and played 5 min's of a song the stopped, iv'e tried new batts please just try and give any sort of advice to help my father would be furious if its broken and
if i tried to take it apart i would be screwed.