Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Audio gen for guitar amps ?

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:27:17 -0700, Phil Allison
wrote:

...snip...

** Which does NOT qualify in any way, shape or form as a BENCH AUDIO
GENERATOR suitable for day in day out, knock down drag out bench repair
work on smelly, dirty, rusty old guitar amps.

Bet a software ****** like YOU has never even seen the insides of one.

not a software guru, just had to learn once for a project.

I have two guitar amps. One is a Fender, and yes they are robust
construcion [they're in storage and I can't remember model numbers]

My main contribution is pure analog design of a unique mag pickup. Turns a
'cheap' $1100 guitar into sounding like a $10k acoustic guitar. Absolutely
the first time I've ever heard great sounding E-A string harmonics. Maybe
been around too many cheap guitars, but usually I HATE when those two
strings are strummed. Always sounds a bit sour, but NOT with my pickup.