Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Type of paint for cabinets in garage

wrote:

I appreciate any advice you can provide!

Would you build them out of 2x4, mdf, frame and panel or what?
If I were building shop/garage wall cabinets, I'd start here for the
doors:

Use rail & stile construction.

Make rails and stiles from 3/4" x 2" poplar.

Make the panels from 3/4" plywood.

You now have a cupboard door that is strong enough that you can
mount things on the inside surface.

If the plywood is not a full 3/4", you will need to run the 3/4" x 2"
poplar
thru the planer to match the plywood thickness.

Select some good hinges and paint per previous post.

Have fun.

Lew