Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Topical question - what's a good safe heater for garage shop?

Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 1/6/2015 1:06 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
I have often heard of the issue of water as a byproduct of
combustion - especially with propane, but I've never seen the effect
of it in my garage. My garage is very well insulated, wrapped in
tyvec, and each coarse of log slab "siding" is chinked. Pretty well
sealed.

Water in the seal room should not be your main concern.

"Well Sealed" is a scary thought when it comes to propane or natural
gas. Regardless what the the Religion of Global Warming would like
you to believe, propane and natural gas produce Carbon Dioxide. The
problem is not that they will pollute the environment but that they
can kill you, especially in a "Well Sealed Room". While you may get
away with using propane or natural gas heater in this type of room
for a couple of hours, a long period of no air turn over will allow
the Carbon Dioxide to build to a toxic level. At that point you will
no longer will be worried about heating your garage.

I guess I wasn't clear. My heat in the garage is a propane furnace, not a
salamander or like device. Sorry for that misunderstanding.

--

-Mike-