Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Topical question - what's a good safe heater for garage shop?

On 01/06/2015 12:25 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 16:48:55 -0800, MJ wrote:

Ok, while I know I am lucky to be in an area of the country where it
doesn't get much below 40, but due to my extreme reaction to cold, I
can't work in my shop unless it's over 65. I may have Raynaud's disease,
since my fingers go to blocks of ice at below 50.

With lows near 40, your best bet is a wall mounted heat pump. Here's the
one I bought:

http://www.h-mac.com/amana-ah123e35axaa.html

Only drawback is the price and you'd have to put in 220 if you don't have
it. But you'd get heating and cooling.

Very good point the moderate low temp range. My experience is for
very cold conditions and while all true enough, the extremes aren't
going to be nearly as bad for OP. But, still the radiant heaters don't
heat a general area so I think they're no what he's looking for given
his problem description.