Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default And Now You Know

On 12/29/2014 5:32 PM, John McCoy wrote:

Those overlapping route numbers are a pain...at least on a
paper map they print them both, I dunno how people that
depend on Google Maps and the like survive, because they
often only show one. (worst is in NC where I-74 overlaps
with US74, something the designers of the Interstate system
specifically set things up to avoid, but apparently the NC
DOT didn't read the manual).

Never taken it but interesting you mention NC as we were in VA/TN for
30+ yr before returning to family farm so all the kids grew up back
there; only the eldset, the elder son was born before we left school in
KS. He is in Raleigh so been over there a fair amount. US 64 meanders
all across the country and ends up its eastern terminus on Roanoke Island...

Spent quite a lot of time w/ Duke Power as started w/ the reactor vendor
for the Oconee station and was there for startup of Unit 1 then went the
consulting gig but continued to work for the B&W owners utilities for
years afterwards before eventually drifting over to mostly fossil as
nuclear work became more competitive and tiring to deal with the
increasing bureaucracy burdens...

Noted. I hope some day to be able to spend more time out
there just looking around...I'd like to take US60 across
thru Clovis and Belen and then look around Albuquerque.
Was out there on business years ago and couldn't make any
time for sightseeing...

Just out of curiosity, where in S TX are you starting from??? Possible
to suggest other touring guidelines, perhaps knowing starting point...

Mother's side of family settled in "The Valley" in the '30s around
McAllen/Pharr. Still have family on that home place and scattered from
there northwards. Don't get down there much; last and farthest we made
was a reunion in Bay City in fall of '98 while were still in TN.