Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: Dodged A Bullet

On 12/30/2014 1:16 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

After all, there is no data on a computer _regardless of its location_
which can be read legally, that cannot be read illegally.

Very true, but that is not the real issue. The guys that snoop around for
things tend to do that on the platforms such as cloud based repositories,
rather than going out to every single IP address out there. It seems people
are not very aware of the amount of (new) hacking of cloud based storage.
It's more a matter of making it harder, or less attractive than it is a
matter of completely eliminating the threat. Put it in the cloud and I
assure you - you will be compromised - sooner rather than later.

That last sentence is most likely true. But the cloud is going to
compromise my information after the State Controllers Retirement office
and Citicards did. They both provided identity theft protection as a
result. So if the lurkers look on the cloud at my pictures, music, and
drawings..... Oh well. Think about what cookies are capable of sharing...