Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default O/T: Dodged A Bullet

John McCoy wrote in
:

Bill wrote in news:m7qkvq02293
@news6.newsguy.com:

I know some people are using the cloud. I'm not sure whether they are
smarter than me or not.

I do not trust the cloud for that purpose - too many pieces in
the line (servers, network, etc) which might fail at an inconvenient
time. To me the cloud is for collaboration - stuff I want other
people to have access to - not backup storage.

Although that's an important reason for distrusting the cloud, IMHO there's an even more
important one: security. I certainly wouldn't store tax returns or banking records on the cloud.

Plus in the case of Apple I would not trust them not to make
my data inaccessible to me if I haven't upgraded to the newest
version of their product/OS.

Or, worse, make it accessible to someone else...