Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chilly evening ...

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 08:01:11 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:41:38 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 20:40:02 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:58:56 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in
:

I just added a 3rd droplight in the shop , and left all the
overhead
lights on for the night . It's 19ø and dropping , and I need to
keep the
shop warm enough that my beer doesn't freeze .

I'm in Virginia right now, and it's 13 as I post, dropping to a
predicted
5F by morning.

That's still nothing compared to the upper midwest!
Lloyd
-20C up here in Central Ontario - -30C Wind Chill.
-20 is about 2 below zero F.

"Why do people _live_ in areas like that?" he asked, most
seriously.
Other than the two very nice summer days you have each year, I
mean.

The fasntastic spring and summer days and the beautiful summers.
Really no nicer place to live 8 months of the year, and most years
the winters are not too bad either. Last year was an exception - and
this year is getting a good start but we DID have a "green
christmas".
Generally we have a couple days that hit or go below zero F.

Doesn't most of Canada (Eastern 2/3) have fairly high humidity
during
the summer and fall?

Summertime Canadian air is very pleasant when it blows our way.
-jsw