Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15930 Ignoramus15930 is offline

Default Volstro speed increaser

On 2015-01-08, Ignoramus15930 wrote:
I bought this speed increaser at auction. You can see the picture
he

http://goo.gl/6VPlgX

It has a straight 3/4" shank.

What I was hoping, is to be able to use it in my Bridgeport Interact
CNC mill for high speed work with spamm cutters.

1) Is it going to work well

I don't know. What gear ratio and what condition is it in?

1:6, it is smooth

2) What kind of grease should I use in it

Grease? If you are increasing the spindle speed, I would expect
an oil -- and hopefully the proper oil is listed on the label. If not,
download the manual from somewhere.

There is a great fitting on it

3) How should I hold steady the arm to be safe? What is the right way
to do it?

A vertical bar in a holder on the head casting -- looks like it
was designed for a dial indicator or something -- but if it is there,
use it.

OK, I will try, thanks