Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What am I missing? (leaf blower problem)

"Rick" wrote in message

Here is a picture of the underside. The arrow points to the spot on
a pulley where the belt "enters" it at an angle. Of course, the
belt wants to climb up the side of the pulley and come off.
http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/DSCF1179.jpg

I just don't get how this can work. My first impulse is to fix it
by changing something. But this is the way that it came from the
factory and it should work. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Bob

What direction is the geared shaft supposed to turn?

Perhaps you have the belt running backwards on the drive pulley?