william kossack

Default avoiding warp in wet turned bowls

today I checked a couple of the syberian elm pieces. No cracks.
The larger natural edge piece about 9 inches across had about 1/4-1/8th
of an inch of warp. It had been in the paper bag for maybe a month. I took
it out and coated the outside with sealer to see what will happen. One
local
turner said he coats the entire piece with sealer and waits 6 months.

I'll have to price soap also to run my own LDD experiment.

As for microwave I'll have to find a time when nobody will be home

Tomorrow morning I'm heading back to the tree service company where I
got the elm to see if they have anything. Hopefully they have not spit
everything for firewood
I'm taking the first bowl from the elm to give to them. Its all sanded
and polished
and looks great.Hopefully it will help establish a connection for the
future. Maybe
I can find something besides syberian elm.

George wrote:

That's us in winter. Dewpoints in negative and house at 70!
"william kossack" wrote in message

thanks

denver many times gets down to 10-20 percent humidity in the summer and
really also in the winter so mold is not really a problem.