parish

Default Well OT - Any more prize winners out there?

Frisket wrote:

Hi All, had an amazing piece of luck today when I received a letter
informing me I'd won £24, 000. Best of it is, it's for a competition I've
never even entered! All I have to do to claim is send my bank details to a
PO box number in Holland and they'll credit my account with the winnings.
How the hell do these clowns afford the postage to send this crap out or are
people really that gullible? And is there some way of getting the promoters

I think many people really are that gullible. The promise of large sums
of money is irresistable. Why do you think that the Readers Digest Prize
Draw (which is, of course, legit and above board) is still running
after, what, 30 years? It must still increase the sale of RD's books
(which, IMO, are good enough to sell on their own merit).

The worldwide Nigerian 419 e-mail scam still nets hundreds of millions
of dollars each year in the US alone.

nicked? If they were UK based I'd imagine they'd be neck deep in trouble -
are the laws in Holland so much slacker? [rant mode off] Richard

Surely EU law prevails for cross-border crime.