Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default A billionaire explains the middle class

On 12/29/2014 4:14 PM, wrote:

We are not going to become a third world country, but we are going to
be in the same league as China, Japan, and Korea. Which is a step
down from where we were at the end of WWII.

Dan

At the end of WWII, the US was the only major industrial country in the
Northern hemisphere that hadn't had its industrial infrastructure
devastated. Europe and and Japan had to rebuild from scratch, with all
new stuff which we helped pay for.

OTOH, the US infrastructure was mostly pre-WWII but only prospered
because we had no real competition.

For a while...

David