Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A billionaire explains the middle class

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:39:06 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 07:35:06 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 07:18:13 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 18:35:42 -0600, Ignoramus14709

On 2014-12-28, F George McDuffee
wrote:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 18:46:56 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

snip
"We are sure that our customers will enjoy shopping and being
entertained by robots."

If robots can sell coffee machines I think that they can probably
say,
"With Fries?" and it is very likely that if the Nestle experiment
works, and there at present at least one Japanese company that is
currently using robots in their outlets, that companies like
Macdonald's will be looking at the same solution.
=================
The problem being robots do no drink cocoa or eat
hamburgers... and the displaced workers will still have to
eat.

Maybe they do not have to eat -- or put it another way, we will not
feed them. Then the dumbest half of people will die off, then a half
of what remained, as the robots get smarter.

What a great idea! It would double the average IQ of the USA within
week! Alas, as we saw in Idiocracy, "they" tend to constantly
multiply. "Hey, let's water the fields with Gatorade!" sigh

Then only one person will remain.

Our hero: the programmer/mechanic.

If you trigger the Hunger Games you'll be left with Jennifer Lawrence,
who will beget 10,000 years of Quest For Fire.

That's OK. Besides being great with a bow, she's hot! domg
Speaking of which, my ex-BIL left a 75# pull compound bow in my
sister's garage rafters and I find my name attached to it. I'm the
only one who can pull it -and- it's left-handed. Win/Win, wot?

Cool! Need help with it..let me know.

I'll likely take you up on that offer, mon. One of the $2 CDs I
ordered last year was on Archery. Something like 18 books on it, all
the way back to Toxophilus (1545) and Yahi (1918). But having a HUmon
advisor would help a lot, too, in getting me back up to speed. I
haven't used a bow since my teens. That's a lot of years for us Olde
Fartes.

Hopefully, it's on its way to me now. I'll call you when it arrives
and I play with it a bit. I picked up a free target (1Mx1Mx.5M) from
a guy on Freecycle. It has 8 holes in it. g The downside is that a
raccoon sat atop the fence it was leaning on and shat on it a few
times. Now where's my jug o' Clorox?...

--
Poverty is easy. It's Charity and Chastity that are hard.
--anon