Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard Beal[_3_] Howard Beal[_3_] is offline

Default A billionaire explains the middle class

On 2014-12-28, F George McDuffee
wrote:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 18:46:56 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

snip
"We are sure that our customers will enjoy shopping and being
entertained by robots."

If robots can sell coffee machines I think that they can probably say,
"With Fries?" and it is very likely that if the Nestle experiment
works, and there at present at least one Japanese company that is
currently using robots in their outlets, that companies like
Macdonald's will be looking at the same solution.

=================
The problem being robots do no drink cocoa or eat
hamburgers... and the displaced workers will still have to
eat.

Maybe they do not have to eat -- or put it another way, we will not
feed them. Then the dumbest half of people will die off, then a half
of what remained, as the robots get smarter.

Then only one person will remain.

Humanity will eventualy evolve into cybernetic organsims, this has
already begun. Defects in the current design of humans will be
eliminated over the next few centuries. Life spans of several
millinia will become a reality.

Best Regards
Tom.