Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Safety camera partnership

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 22:16:23 -0000, alan_m wrote:

On 27/12/2014 14:42, Uncle Peter wrote:

The rules state there must have been 4 serious accidents in the last 3
years (or similar numbers).

Accidents or deaths? One accident can result in more than one death.

I think it means at least one person required medical attention.

Close to where I live, a decade or so there were a few deaths from cars
crossing a central reservation on very slight bend in the road. As a
result they put up a couple of safety cameras but it didn't stop the
accidents. What did stop the accidents was installing a central crash
barrier.

They don't always think before they install things. I often come across things like keep left signs on pedestrian islands that block the driver's vision of oncoming traffic on the main road.

--
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?