Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Ping Lew: Thinning Epoxy

On 12/27/2014 8:58 AM, G. Ross wrote:
I use West 5 min. epoxy to fill hairline cracks in bowls. Is there a
common solvent that will thin it a bit (either before or after mixing ?
I have noticed that a dab of alcohol based dye will make it more stringy
but not thinner. Strength is not important, but hardness after curing
is. Thanks.

GetRot, another epoxy product available from West Marine, is what you
want. It is formulated to be lower viscosity.

Or? Captain Toleys Creeping Crack Cure (Also at West Marine)
Good stuff. Not a two part mix, but sinks in well and waterproof when dry.