Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Safety camera partnership

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 17:28:53 -0000, CB wrote:

On 27/12/2014 14:42, Uncle Peter wrote:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 09:50:05 -0000, alan_m wrote:

On 23/12/2014 22:40, Uncle Peter wrote:

They have fixed places where there are more accidents.

No, they have fixed cameras where there have been accidents but that
doesn't mean that it's a accident black spot or a dangerous road.

The rules state there must have been 4 serious accidents in the last 3
years (or similar numbers).

The thing that's missing from that last line is "within x km of the
camera location" ( I cant remember what x is)

A couple of years ago we had a brand new junction onto the A303. It came
from Day 1 with a speed camera at the point the new junction joined the
dual carriageway. There was no history of accidents at this particular
location but a roundabout approximately 1.5 mile away was a bit of a
black spot.

Then that is a very stupid end to the rule. How can the speed at that point affect the number of accidents 1.5 miles away?

I've never actually seen a speed camera on a newly built road until it's been there 4 or 5 years, which would back up the original rule without your bit on the end.

--
A sheet of sandpaper makes a cheap and effective substitute for costly maps when visiting the Sahara desert.