Kent Carlson

Default Gluing Corian

Correct. Corian is pure acrilyc but in a slightly different form than the
clear and even colored sheets. Corian cuts better without melting as much as
the sheets.

Gemstone and others are mixed with Polyester which causes them to chip more
instead of giving you those nice clean cutting ribbons that Corian gives.
The secret to Gemstone is the sanding. Most things I've made from Gemstone
has more of a sandstone quality while Corian looks more like Granite.

"Martin Rost" rostmartin @ hot mail . com wrote in message
I've been told that Corian is pure Acrylic, and that the other

solid-surface
counter-top materials are a blend of Acrylic with something else (possibly
polyester, but I don't remember).
Martin

"AHilton" wrote in message
A dense counter-top plastic type of material.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...UTF-8&q=corian

http://www.corian.com/a/en/h/Home/index.html

Interesting to work with. It has certain turning characteristics that

makes
it quite different to work as compared to wood or other materials. Get

some
scrap and give it a try.

- Andrew

"Reyd Dorakeen" wrote in message