Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A billionaire explains the middle class

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 12/26/2014 11:28 AM, wrote:

I do not think there is any constitutional argument for requiring
all
employees to punch a time clock. You can't justify making
requirements on just wanting more data for the government.

Dan

No need for a constitutional argument, it's just a condition for
employment. No salaried positions, all on the clock. It would give a
new perspective on how much actual value is in many management
jobs(as in, not much).

David

I've discussed that with my father, who had been an Air Corps company
commander during WW2 and held a high position in NH State government.
He made a good case that an effective manager can run an operation
smoothly enough that he doesn't have to be present to keep his thumb
on it all the time.

He took me on a lot of his trips around the state to visit his local
state park and ski resort managers, compliment them on their good
work, get in some fishing (and observing) and by the way show that he
was always paying attention to detail, like if a vehicle suspiciously
needed tires too often.
-jsw