Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Motor home 12v interior lighting - inverter?

On 27/12/14 14:46, Another Dave wrote:
On 27/12/2014 13:39, David wrote:
I am trying to fault find a fluorescent light on the 12V circuit in our
motor home.

Opinion seems mixed, but there are several postings which claim that
these
are actually 240v AC lights with a built in inverter so that they can run
off 12V.

There is certainly a lot of circuitry inside.

Firstly, do camper/caravan/boat 12V fluorescents usually run at 240V with
a built in inverter (or sometimes)?

Secondly if so is there usually clear marking of the 12V and 240V parts?

I don't particularly want to probe a 240V AC circuit with the 50V DC part
of my little multi-meter.

AIUI they're 120V fluorescents with an inverter circuit. Amazon sell
them for about £20 and are not worth repairing. Google "Lumo lights" or
whatever the manufacture's name is on yours.

Another Dave

Looking at the picture, try replacing the big transistor.