Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Motor home 12v interior lighting - inverter?

In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:
In article , David
writes:
I am trying to fault find a fluorescent light on the 12V circuit in our
motor home.

What size fluorescent tube are you thinking of?

I would look for LED lighting. In particular, LED retrofits for 12V
electronic transformers will just work without needing anything else.

Opinion seems mixed, but there are several postings which claim that
these are actually 240v AC lights with a built in inverter so that
they can run off 12V.

That seems unlikely to me. It would make the unit unnecessarily expensive
and reduce efficiency.

Well, they do exist - as emergency light fittings. Usually the battery
supply is 3v or 4.5v, not 12v.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18