Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B. slocomb John B. slocomb is offline

Default A billionaire explains the middle class

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 02:08:54 -0800, "Howard Beal"
wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

We'll see what happens. My guess is, like what happened in the 1930s,
the people of the United States are not going to let their lives be
ruined because free-market theorists think they're economic market
objects to be "cleared." It's not a settling thought.

Ed Huntress

Seems there is already a big push in many states to implement right
to work legislation, now that repbulicans have control in washington
i believe they will try to revise federal labor laws to benifit the job
creators. Depending on who becomes president in 2016 things could
get much worse for labor. Iggy is correct technology will replace
much of the unskilled labor we use today. For example in near future
people that depend on driving for thier income will become obsolete,
same thing will happen with the airline industry, pilotless planes are in
our future. If AI ever becomes a reality the entire global ecconomy
will change, even ecconomists will be unemployed. G

Best Regards
Tom.

Nestle, Japan, have announced that they will install 1,000 robot sales
"clerks" starting this year.

To quote from the news article:

"The first batch of the robots -- a chatty humanoid called Pepper --
will report to work by the end of this year at outlets that sell
coffee capsules and home espresso machines.

"From December, they will start selling coffee machines for us at big
retail stores," said Nestle Japan spokeswoman Miki Kano.

"We are sure that our customers will enjoy shopping and being
entertained by robots."

If robots can sell coffee machines I think that they can probably say,
"With Fries?" and it is very likely that if the Nestle experiment
works, and there at present at least one Japanese company that is
currently using robots in their outlets, that companies like
Macdonald's will be looking at the same solution.
--
Cheers,

John B.