Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Safety camera partnership

On 26/12/2014 14:33, wrote:
Going into the next village via dual carriageway recently I spotted a camera van in the distance ahead and tootled past at a sedate thirty. Returning home I passed in the opposite direction at thirty until I saw the fifty limit start sign when I increased my speed gently. Discovered the misbegotten wretch in the van was aiming at cars leaving the thirty limit when I received an unwelcome letter. I asked to see the photographic evidence and it's seriously annoying to have a photo of the back of the car with the fifty limit sign in full view and my speed shown as thirtyfive.
I look forward to finding a camera van on fire in one of the more robust neighbourhoods. For sure I won't stop to help.

A few weeks back they were doing one of those voluntary speedwatch
things. As I drove into the village I saw something new on the side of
the road, so I was looking at it as I it lit up 34 for an instant, then
dropped to 33, then off about as I went through the limit sign.

Then I got a letter from the local police saying that I'd been doing
35... I can't write back and complain, because after all 33 would be an
admission of guilt. But I daresay if there _is_ a real policeman, and I
get it further wrong, they'll see that 35 in their records and have me
tagged...

Andy