Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How two lights appeared in the Xmas eve sky.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 09:11:17 -0500, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 12/26/2014 8:22 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, December 26, 2014 8:01:07 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/24/2014 9:03 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 20:41:07 -0500, micky
wrote:

LED fixture. I hope it doesn't burn out while i'm here.

Why not just cut a small door in the gable end below the light. Open
the door, do what you have to do and close the door.

How about an external ladder like farmers use
on grain silos? That, and a belt with the big
clip, so you can "rope on" while you are working.

LOL

Have the HOA buy you a bucket truck.

I do have a friend with a bucket truck, He lives less than 2 miles
from here. But there is no street very close to my house. (He bought
the truck from the electric or phone company. It's old but he only
drives it about 1000 miles a year.)

Better yet, just tell the HOA to change the bulb. It's their fixture,
it lights a common area, they ordered it installed, they even
changed the bulbs before. I hope M was getting reimbursed for the
electricity used.

Yes, $10 a quarter. That might have been about right when the light
was on from dusk to dawn, but since I put in one with a motion detector,
it's more than I spend on electricity. The extra pays for the
replacement fixtures. The LED fixture will use even less, but the
fixture cost 4 times as much.

Isn't the whole point about HOA/Townhouse that you
can avoid having to do outside maintenance?

Not for me. The HOA is like all those labels that come with a shirt or
a pair of pants even though you really want just the shirt and pants and
maybe one label on each. I wanted the house; the HOA came with it.

And it's not a condo or a co-op. This HOA has no responsibility for the
outside of my house or my roof or my yard, only the street/parking lot,
the street lights, the island in the middle of the parking lot, several
peninsulas that stick out between parking areas, and the water pipes
before they get to my yard. . Nothing on the house side of the
house-to-house sidewalk.

They would replace the bulbs if I called them but I don't like people
walking on my yard, even skilled electricians. They come even if it's
been raining and they leave dents in the ground where they put the
ladder. They break the plants with the ladder or scuff the wall. If
that happens, or worse, I'd rather be the one to do it.

.

And especially, if you pay for the electricity, but either way, replace
it with LEDs.

Yes, I did.
---