Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A billionaire explains the middle class

On Friday, December 26, 2014 11:51:37 AM UTC-5, F. George McDuffee wrote:

I also fell for this scam.

I did not fall for this scam. I just never worked at a place that required me to punch a time clock.

It is a carefully nurtured myth that people who do not punch
a time clock are some how superior to those that do. In too
many cases it simply means that instead of real cash money,
the employee got a title or classification change (possibly
with a token raise), e. g. from salary to salary exempt, and
more work for no (or very little) more pay.

I see no reason why everyone from the CEO down to the
sweeper should not punch in and out when they are working.
We see there is an apparent problem but there is no "hard"
data, and the only way to acquire it is to require all
employees to "punch the clock."

I am sure many of us will be shocked, both by how much we
are working, and the extent un-paid (or straight time)
over-time is required, and how much money is being diverted
by unethical or ignorant employers.

--
Unka' George

I do not think there is any constitutional argument for requiring all employees to punch a time clock. You can't justify making requirements on just wanting more data for the government.

Dan