Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: And Now You Know

On 12/24/2014 12:45 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:22:21 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 12/24/2014 11:13 AM, Leon wrote:
On 12/24/2014 9:08 AM, dpb wrote:
On 12/24/2014 8:58 AM, Leon wrote:

FWIW way over here in east Texas we get a load of products from
California. I know this because everything from California has a cancer
warning label.

Not necessarily from CA at all; manufacturers put the CA-silliness
labels on all their product because it's cheaper than having multiple
labels and keeping track of what gets shipped where...

Oh, so California has mad this a problem for the whole country.

Ayup...and it's only getting worse with their new rules for "importing"
eggs as just a starting point...

When the San Andreas fault lets go at 9.something, California will no
longer be a problem. If it stays above water, it will be an island.
Probably useful as a prison island, as there will be no fresh water
other than captured rainwater - but they probably don't allow that...

Never lived there have you.

The Pacific plate contains mountains in northern and southern Ca. And
that plate is slipping North. SO when Mexico is west of Oregon, Where
the induction crease is, and what amount of Ca is under the volcanoes
that run along the pacific northwest we can talk about CA slipping.
That is in time for the Sun to expand beyond our orbit anyway.

Martin - lived on the Pacific Plate, worked on the North American Plate
for 17 years and three or so in So Ca working and living on the Pacific
Plate.

There is a neat mountain (rocky) that was split in two. One part is
400 miles north of the other. Both are parks and have real time drums
inking lines waiting for any movement.
I was there when Loma went up and the country called it San Fran earth
quake. Loma was 70 miles south and 4 miles from our old house (lived
through it)...

Martin