Edwin Pawlowski

Default How could this happen to my poor planer?

"BruceR" wrote in message

This happened to my 560 as well (not near as bad!). Wood fibers get
caught (jammed) between the knife and retainer.

Had a less serious but similar thing with my 580 The blades were getting
dull and I had just a couple more passes to go. All of a sudden, it was
noisy as hell and cut a concave area in the board. ****ed me off as it was
the last of the maple stock I had. Blade was bent but the retainer was OK.

Now I keep an extra set of blades on hand and vow never again to tray to get
that last pass or two when I know they are getting dull.
Ed