Upscale

Default Vertical Panel Saw

"J T" wrote in message

had room, I wouldn't mind making my own verson. But, really a moot
point, because it's so hard on me anymore, to handle full sheets.

As some of you know, I use a wheelchair. So, I too have a problem handling
full sheets of plywood, but I do have one question about panel saws, at
least about the better quality ones.

How accurate are they? With a tablesaw, a locked down fence and a motor that
is fixed in place, I am able to cut up to and better than 1/64" tolerances.
The idea of a mobile saw blade on a track suggests to me that those types of
tolerances might be harder to obtain. Admittedly, I've only seen the home
depot type and the staff are just interested in a "near close" cut and
that's all they're concerned with. Accurate isn't really a consideration.

I guess that's my only concern and hesitancy about getting a panel saw. That
and I've never seen anybody selling them.