Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Space heater problem

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:54:29 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

BTW, Ken, I don't know where your road service thread is, but when I'm
80, I probbly won't want to change tires either. One suggestion in
addition to no-flat tires is Fix-a-flat in a can or compeittors like
Slime. It has gooey stuff inside that some mechanics don't like, but
it also has compressed air inside, and if the leak is not big, can
usually pump up the tire to where it's rideable.

I believe Slime can be used prior to a puncture. Filling up all tires
will provide a coating on the inside. If a puncture occurs, it's
supposed to seal. Though, I have no first hand experience. Just
repeating hearsay.

I've used fix-a-flat quite a few times, when i lived where there was a
lot of junk on the road and I got quite a few flats, but I've only used
Slime once. A friend was out of town. He said he had a slow leak and
he asked me to get a can and put it in the tire that was low. I did,
and I immediately drove around for a couple miles. IIRC, it worked.
IIRC, I bought the large can by mistake or just to be sure even though
his tires were small enough that they recommended the small can.