Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safety camera partnership

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 20:01:02 +0000, bert wrote:

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 21:16:24 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
polygonum writes:
On 22/12/2014 00:00, bert wrote:

I did an online test recently and surprised myself a bit by scoring
87/88 - the one I got wrong? Where do you find amber cats eyes on a
motorway

Just under the front tyre...

That was one of the questions in my actual driving test - an awfully
long time ago.

Coloured cats-eyes didn't exist when I did my driving test.

I still remember one question I got slightly wrong. I was shown the 3,
2, 1 stripes on a green background, and asked what they are.
I said 300, 200, and 100 yard countdown markers to a road junction.
He said are just equally spaced, and not necessarily 100 yards apart
(except the blue motorway ones which are always 100 yards apart), but
he accepted my answer and said I got 100% on the highway code
questions.

Interesting, that. Just had a look at the official road signs booklet
and it says "about 100 yards" for both the motorway (blue/white) and
other road (green/white) ones. But the white/red ones (for certain
railways crossings) show equal divisions of distance from the first
warning sign to the crossing itself.

When the first experimental ones were introduced on the A1 many years
ago the spacings reduced as you approached the junction so even if you
slowed down they gave you the impression you were going about the same
speed causing you to slow down even more.

We're talking about road signs, not the stripes on the road...

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.