Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Concrete vs. Postcrete

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 23/12/2014 17:23, Roger Mills wrote:
On 23/12/2014 17:10, cd wrote:
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 17:00:27 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 16:27:51 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Hi all,

If I want to set a new wooden post into the ground, what's the
difference (FFS)?

Concrete takes several hours or a day or two to set. Postcrete sets in
few minutes, several tens of seconds, even, so you don't have to
support
the post for nearly as long as you do with concrete. Don't know if the
long-term durability is different though, or even if it matters, as
it's
only a post not a high-rise building, and the post will probably rot
long before what it's set in crumbles.

Wow! Cheers, Chris. I'd had nightmares already about holding that damn
post perfectly upright for hours on end; cheers.

Postcrete is also easier to use because you ram it in dry, and then pour
water onto it, rather than having to mix it wet.

Truly the answer to a maidens prayer.

Brilliant stuff!

Depends on the size of the hole.

--