Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Safety camera partnership

On 23/12/2014 21:16, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
polygonum writes:
On 22/12/2014 00:00, bert wrote:

I did an online test recently and surprised myself a bit by scoring
87/88 - the one I got wrong? Where do you find amber cats eyes on a
motorway

Just under the front tyre...

That was one of the questions in my actual driving test - an awfully
long time ago.

Coloured cats-eyes didn't exist when I did my driving test.

I still remember one question I got slightly wrong. I was shown the
3, 2, 1 stripes on a green background, and asked what they are.
I said 300, 200, and 100 yard countdown markers to a road junction.
He said are just equally spaced, and not necessarily 100 yards apart
(except the blue motorway ones which are always 100 yards apart), but
he accepted my answer and said I got 100% on the highway code questions.

The new ones were 100m, the old ones 100yards so he was correct.
I think they are all 100m now.