Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Concrete vs. Postcrete

On 24/12/2014 10:38, Jonathan wrote:
On Tuesday, December 23, 2014 7:42:11 PM UTC, harry wrote:
"cd" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

If I want to set a new wooden post into the ground, what's the difference
(FFS)?

Don't use either. Use the metal "hammer in" spikes, your posts will last
much longer.
Quicker too.

Not idy you have stony soil, as it is almost impossible to keep them straight.

Jonathan

A weak concrete mix that's easy to remove when the post rots is the
logical answer if you have loads to do, like on a farm etc.
I dug a 5" x 5" hardwood gate post out of concrete the other day for a
neighbour. The bits of wood below ground are still surprisingly
un-rotten and a bitch to get out.