Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete vs. Postcrete

Yes its been my experience that wooden posts in concrete tend to root sooner
than thouse just put into the ground. I guess the hole fills with water and
rots it.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 16:27:51 +0000 (UTC), cd wrote:

Hi all,

If I want to set a new wooden post into the ground, what's the difference
(FFS)?

Concrete takes several hours or a day or two to set. Postcrete sets in
a few minutes, several tens of seconds, even, so you don't have to
support the post for nearly as long as you do with concrete. Don't
know if the long-term durability is different though, or even if it
matters, as it's only a post not a high-rise building, and the post
will probably rot long before what it's set in crumbles.

--

Chris