Posted to uk.d-i-y
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Safety camera partnership

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:32:00 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote
Rod Speed wrote
A. N. Other wrote

On the point of mobile cameras, databases are available and sat navs
will
warn of the mobile site - it doesn't mean there will be a camera there.

Not even possible with the mobile speed cameras in cars and small vans...

Trivial in those areas where the Police publish maps of the locations at
which they use mobile speed cameras:

http://www.sussexsaferroads.gov.uk/camera-map.html

That doesnt tell you where the van actually is tho,
just where it MIGHT BE.

And that is a tiny subset of jurisdictions anyway.

They have fixed places where there are more accidents. I almost never see a van where the satnav hasn't told me about it first.

--
What does a married man say after sex?
Don't tell my wife.